When Friendship by LiliZach was first discussed, giving hope and support to new parents who have just received a diagnosis of Down syndrome for their baby was the most important dream we had.
Through our LiliZach totes, we hope to give a bit of what we wish we had received in the days, weeks and months after our DS diagnoses -- we hope to give a celebration of a new life and a bit of hand-holding on the first steps of an unfamiliar journey.
The reusable tote (earned through a fundraiser by Rachelle of Thirty-One Gifts) will include:
- Baby clothing (headband, beanie, leggings) created by hand with love (and donated!) by Jessica of LitasBoys;
- A pampering makeup session from the talented Gina Dziak in New Market, Maryland;
- A Mommy & Me Class for your child at Frederick Gymnastics Club;
- A complimentary family/newborn photo session from Wendy Zook Photography;
- A bag of homemade chocolates donated by To Your Health Chocolates.
- Baby items such as rattles, burp cloths, stuffed animals, nursing items, etc;
- Books / Resources on Down syndrome, including:
Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected - A Memoir by Kelle Hampton
Together, We Can Do Anything by Christina Grimes
Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parents' Guide by Susan J. Skallerup
47 Strings / Tessa's Special Code by Becky Carey and Bonnie Leick
Bebes Con Sindrome de Down: Nueva Guía Para Padres (Spanish Edition) by Susan Skallerup
You're Here For A Reason by Nancy Tillman
On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
You're All Kinds of Wonderful by Nancy Tillman
Gross Motor Skills for Children With Down Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals. By Patricia C Winders
The Parent's Guide to Down Syndrome: Advice, Information. Inspiration, and Support for Raising Your Child from Diagnosis
through Adulthood by Jennifer Jacob & Mardra Sikora
- Pamphlets/Brochures from the National Down Syndrome Society and Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network
- Information on F.R.I.E.N.D.S, a Maryland-based support and activity group for families with Down syndrome